The Kennedys

The Kennedys
Stephen, Angel, Caoimhe &Taylor

Donate to Liberty Baptist Minitries

Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Quit you like 'Men'." - Sermon preached by Stephen Kennedy, Sunday evening 24/11/2013

Quit you like “Men”.
1 Corinthians 16:13
The church suffers because of a lack of godly men. We need outstanding man to lead our churches, schools, and nation.

I)                   A real man Prays. 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
A)    Pray with Pleading. Psalms 61:1-4  A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
B)    Pray with Patience. Psalms 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
C)    Pray with Persistence. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
D)    Pray with Purpose. Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
E)     Pray with Promise. Psalms 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
II)                A real man is Plain. 1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
A)    God gives Preservation to the simple. Psalms 116:6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
B)    God gives Perception to the simple. Psalms 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
III)             A real man is Persistent. Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. The word stayed means “fixed”.
A)    Fixed on God’s Love. 1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
B)    Fixed on God’s LoyaltyJohn 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
C)    Fixed on God’s Law. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
IV)             A real man is Passionate. Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

A)    Compassion of the “Good Samaritan”. Luke 10:30

1 comment:

  1. CHRISTIANITY A TOTAL FRAUD

    http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/index.html

    You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep-seated need to believe

    "The gospel story is an artificial, non-historical work. It has been fabricated from source materials that can be identified and traced to their incorporation in the gospels. There is not a particle of hard evidence that 'Jesus of Nazareth' ever existed."

    – Harold Leidner (The Fabrication of the Christ Myth)

    For 1700 years Christianity has presented the Old and New Testaments as records of historic events, and false religions were born of that deception.

    It is now academically accepted that the Bible has no historic relevance, and no archaeological or historical evidence exists to support its stories as real world events.

    Organized religions have a major economic interest in maintaining literal interpretation of both Old and New Testaments, for when the emptiness of biblical stories is fully absorbed, the entire edifice of Christianity is revealed as false. --- a total fraud.

    The Bible is headed for well-merited obscurity, and those who think they have found a religion in words written on its pages may find that they are troubled with dyspepsia. (a disorder)

    A non-Church examination of the origin of Old and New Testaments reveals a new account of the development of Christian belief, and provides a conflicting and supportable version opposing that put forward by Church leaders.

    AS FOR THE WRITINGS ATTRIBUTED TO PAUL

    The Encyclopedia Biblica states categorically:

    "With respect to the Canonical Pauline Epistles, none of them are by Paul.

    They are all, without distinction, pseudographia (false writings). The group (ten epistles) bears obvious marks of a certain unity, of having originated in one circle, at one time, in one environment, but not of unity of authorship" (Encyclopedia Biblica III pg. 3625-26).

    Jesus Christ is a religious assumption, a very different story off the history of Christian origins

    The Gospels are ‘utopian literature’, an ancient form of unhistorical creative writing that had its model earlier in Plato’s Republic (427-347 BCE).

    The Church admits that the Epistles of Paul are forgeries, saying,

    "Even the genuine Epistles were greatly interpolated to lend weight to the personal views of their authors"
    (Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. vii, p. 645).

    Likewise, St Jerome (d. 420) declared that the Acts of the Apostles, the fifth book of the New Testament, was also "falsely written" ("The Letters of Jerome", Library of the Fathers, Oxford Movement, 1833-45, vol. v, p. 445).

    ReplyDelete